The Kamalashila Institute for Buddhist Studies and Meditation is the European seat of His Holiness the XVII Gyalwang Karmapa and the main centre of the Karma Kagyu Community Germany.
The Institute is one of the largest and most renowned Buddhist seminar houses in Europe and is located in the Eifelkloster in 56729 Langenfeld. In online courses as well as in seminars, lectures and study courses with national and international teachers and lecturers, it imparts knowledge and practical experience in the fields of Buddhism, meditation, mindfulness, stress management, end-of-life care and Buddhist psychology.
With the end of the Corona crisis, the Kamalashila Institute will have two mainstays: Face-to-face courses and online courses. The Institute will then be run by the two managers.
For the management of the seminar area with face-to-face courses, we are looking for a manager (m/f/d) for the next possible date, initially for a 75% position.
- Management of the area of attendance events (as soon as they are allowed again) in compliance with the legal requirements
- Billing of courses, payment of fees and travel expenses incl. preparation of financial overviews
- Controlling and budget planning
- Coordination of programme planning
- Marketing strategies and public relations
- Event management
- Staff management and planning
- Close cooperation with the resident Lamas and the association’s board of directors
- Very good organisational and communication skills
independent and forward-looking work
- Experience in organising events / event management
- Good knowledge of German and English
- very good knowledge of PC and Office applications
- willingness to work weekends and holidays
- ideally experience in a non-profit organisation or a Buddhist organisation
- having your own Buddhist practice would be desirable
- As the seat of the 17th Karmapa, we require an identification with the activities and goals of His Holiness
We offer a varied field of activity with great independence in a committed team and look forward to receiving your complete application with photo.
Please send your application to:
Marianne Caspari, Geschäftsführung Karma Kagyü Gemeinschaft Deutschland e.V.
Eifelkloster, Kirchstr. 22a, 56729 Langenfeld
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telefon: 02628 – 9894908